Monday, August 5, 2013

Welcome to the Motherland.

Greetings Conscripts.


My name is A. G. Christensen and I am a wargamer, a husband, a father, a juris doctorate, and a dedicated Khadoran. I have been playing various wargames since I was a child, and have been playing Warmachine since 2010. I have really enjoyed the Warmachine universe, as well as the games that I have managed to get under my belt. However I have been saddened to see that there isn’t really any place for Khador players to go for help, tips or tricks in helping them expand the Motherland’s empire. To that end I have created what I hope will become a place where Khador players can come to learn and share.

      In addition I also have set a goal for myself to progress from a casual player to a tournament player over the next year. I have been playing since 2010 but have had limited exposure to the tournament scene. I want to expand my abilities, force myself to learn to play Khador better, and be able to explain how to help others achieve victory for the motherland.  To that end this blog will become a once a week blog with posts going up each Monday. I am going to try and follow a standard cycle of articles that will help me grow and expand, while also reflecting my interests.

The order of posts should be as follows;
  •  General – Where I talk about Warmachine in general as well as any other semi-related subjects I think of.
  • Tactics – On these posts I hope to take a single unit, solo, warjack, or warcaster and examine a tip, or tactic that can be used to make them better. These may range from basic to more in depth depending on what I have been learning recently or feel should be shared. (Although fair warning they will likely be pretty basic in the beginning).
  •  Hobby – This is an important aspect of the game and one that I think too many people ignore. This blog is going to be mostly about playing Khador, but nonetheless once every 4 weeks I am going to take some time to go over what I have painted or converted, what I am currently painting/converting, or the terrain I am working on. I may also try and throw in some tips or ideas that I am toying with for whatever hobby project it is that I am working on.
  • Battle Reports – Finally, I am going to be sure to include at least one battle report every 4 weeks. I am hoping to be playing much more frequently than once every 4 weeks, as I know that the key to becoming a better player is getting more games in. Regardless of how often I get to play I will be sure to get in at least one game every 4 weeks so that you can see my army in action.

 So thanks for joining me as I work to win many victories for the Motherland. 




No comments:

Post a Comment